HAVE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE BEEN A VICTIM OF?
SLIP & FALL
HARASSMENT / SEXUAL ASSAULT
We’re Here To Help You Win
No Cost To Speak To Us About Your Case
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
An avid traveler, Mr. Charlip and his wife, who is a cruise line executive, have taken cruises throughout the world on many and varied cruise lines and, as such, Mr. Charlip has first-hand knowledge. Such experience is invaluable in comparing how different cruise lines address standard issues such as, tour management, warnings about wet surfaces, passenger safety warnings, ship’s security and many similar issues.
Because cruise ship injury cases all have a reduced statute of limitations by virtue of the cruise ship ticket contract, Charlip Law Group, LC has developed expedited procedures and customized legal software to expedite the presentation of settlement demands to the cruise line. Charlip Law Group, LC, always strives to maximize case value while seeking to minimizing the time between case intake and settlement.
MAXIMIZING CASE SETTLEMENT AMOUNT
Charlip Law Group, LC excels in maximizing the settlement value of their client’s cases by doggedly pursuing all the facts, expert opinion, medical records, reports and medical management necessary to obtain full and fair compensation.
40+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
David H. Charlip, B.C.S., the principal of Charlip Law Group, LC, is one of only 100 Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers in Miami-Dade, with over 40 years of litigation experience. Mr. Charlip is very familiar with the complex legal issues that can arise when someone is injured while traveling. Such issues involve questions of jurisdiction, choice of law, principles of maritime law and international law and various international conventions.
Call For a Free Consultation
No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
Example of Cruise Ship Accidents
- Cruise Ship Nightclub Assault By Passenger- Lisa Appelbaum v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law- Suicide Crew Death Gregory Gonzalez Navarro - Ruiz v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Minor Child Injured in Camp Carnival- Simon Parker v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Cruise Ship Cabin Shower Slip and Fall- Anthony Giovan v. Celebrity Cruises
- Cruise Ship Tender Fall- Mary T.Shows v. Celebrity Cruises
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Slip and Fall- Cynthia Hills v Celebration Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Passenger Illness- Bernice Oltman v. Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Injury- Caputo v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Over Speaker- Dennis Rich v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Pool Wet Deck Slip and Fall- France Brayman v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- Douglas Spector v Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- US v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws-
- Emotional Distress- Sirome Smith vs Royal Caribbean.
- Excursion Incident- Ralph Meek vs Royal Caribbean.
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws
- Maritime Law - Wheelchair Ramp Related Injury- Debra Cox and Ted Cox v Princess Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Trip and Fall - Demand = $25 million- Bettie Jeannine Koons v. Princess Cruises
Call For a Free Consultation
No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU HAVE A CASE
Call For a Free Consultation
There is No Cost To Speak To Us
David H. Charlip, the principal of Charlip Law Group, LC, is one of only approximately 100 Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers in Miami-Dade, with over 40+ years of litigation experience.
Mr. Charlip is also one of only approximately 135 Florida Civil Law Notaries. He has managed and litigated cases across the country in states such as Florida, California, Washington, Missouri, South Dakota, New York, Wyoming, Nevada, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Illinois, Maine, Louisiana, and New Hampshire, to name a few.
Mr. Charlip has shaped foreclosure law through his trials and appeals of foreclosure cases and has been instrumental in advancing the law related to the cause of action for wrongful foreclosure in Florida.
As a thought leader in many areas of the law, he is a sought after speaker and frequent resource for the media, featured in The New York Times, Newsweek, Florida Trend, Channel 7 news, Miami Herald, Sun Sentinel, and Palm Beach Post to name a few.
Mr. Charlip has a primary goal – high quality, innovative legal work based on the cutting edge of the law that places the client’s needs first and wins cases. Throughout his legal career, Mr. Charlip has always advanced and secured his client’s interests with high integrity by adapting and even helping create laws to his client’s unique circumstances and positions. Charlip Law Group, LC, embodies and advances that philosophy while continuing Mr. Charlip’s standards of high quality legal representation.
Mr. Charlip received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida with Honors where he was the Executive Editor of the University of Florida Law Review. He is admitted to both the Florida and New Jersey Bar, and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, including Trial Bar, Middle District of Florida, District of New Jersey, the Eighth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals and the Eleventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Mr. Charlip is the author of numerous scholarly articles and is known nationwide.
Miami Cruise Ship Injury Attorney
Cruising is a great way to spend a family vacation – particularly with children and grandparents. There are huge ships with many venues, many activities and many guests, all of whom are thrown together on a moving vessel with many different obstacles and opportunities for injury. Of course, when you think about and plan your vacation, the last thing on your mind is the thought of being injured or sick, however cruise vacations pack many hidden risks. Such injuries range from trip or slip and falls, to assaults, tender injuries, food poisoning, excursion injuries, Norovirus, medical malpractice and even wrongful death.
Not all such injuries will result in legal claims, however to understand your rights, you should immediately speak with an experienced cruise ship injuries lawyer. We can help!
With the advent of the mega-ships with passenger capacities more than 3,000, the logistical problems inherent in managing so many people in confined spaces and across different weather conditions, port conditions and a variety of different activities, while accounting for differences in age, physical capability, language and culture, quite understandably makes the exercise of reasonable care for the cruise line a difficult proposition.
Whether you get hurt ziplining through the rainforest, in the pool or jacuzzi, waiting to board the ship in the hot sun or even just trying to pick up the soap in the shower, do not discount the potential liability that the cruise line may have to respond in damages to compensate you for your injury.
In the event you do suffer an injury or illness while cruising, be aware that your ticket contract has important conditions limiting your right to bring suit. If you wish to review your ticket contract, you can find it on the list below:
- Azamara Club Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Carnival Cruise Line Guest Ticket Contract
- Celebrity Xpedition Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Celebrity Cruises General Guest Ticket Contract
- Costa Cruise Lines Guest Ticket Contract
- Crystal Cruises General Guest Ticket Contract
- Crystal River Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Cunard Guest Ticket Contract
- Disney Cruise Line Guest Ticket Contract
- Fathom Travel Guest Ticket Contract
- Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines Guest Ticket Contract
- Holland America Cruise Guest Ticket Contract
- MSC Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Norwegian Cruise Line Guest Ticket Contract
- Oceania Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- P&O Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Guest Ticket Contract
- Royal Caribbean Cruise General Guest Ticket Contract
- Royal Caribean Brilliance of the Seas Only Guest Ticket Contract
- Seabourn Cruise Line Guest Ticket Contract
- The World Residences at Sea Guest ticket Contract
- Silversea Cruises LTD Guest Ticket Contract (Only for Galapagos Expedition Cruise).
- Silversea Cruises LTD Guest Ticket Contract (Excluding Galapagos Expedition Cruise)
- Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd Guest Ticket Contract.
- Viking River Cruises Guest Ticket Contract.
Often such limitations restrict the locale of where any such lawsuit may be filed (typically in Federal court in Miami) as well as the time within which any such lawsuit may be filed (typically one year). Due to these limitations, it is vitally important that as soon as you disembark your cruise, that you contact an experienced cruise ship injuries attorney, such as the cruise ship injury lawyers at Charlip Law Group, LC.
Call our Miami Cruise Ship Injury attorneys now for a free consultation, at 305-354-9313.
What our clients are saying
- I had a class action suit to file, and needed to find representation in Florida. My case was complex, and in an industry most people don't know much about. After consultations with two other firms who both declined my case, Charlip Law Group was my next call. David spoke to me personally, and he was the first attorney that actually understood the issue. We had a strong case, and in the end all class members that participated ended up with 100% indemnification and it was no small amount either. Make Charlip your first call." — Client
- A good friend recommend David to me at a moment of need. From our first meeting I hired him as my attorney. Not to know at the time what I had just done. Well after 25 years of handling all my legal matters and belive me their have been a few and in all aspects I am very secure today knowing I have David by my side. Besides being a brillant attorney that he has showen me time after time. I feel confident in him for I know I can trust him. He always puts my best interest first and advices me acording. Today I am proud not just to call him my lawyer because he is my friend."— Happy Client
- David Charlip "Great Smart Lawyer". When it comes to lawyers, I am very critical of their performance. Mr. David Charlip from Charlip Law Group , is a the kind of lawyer you hope to find and rarely do. He is very smart, skilled and knowledgeable about RESPA & TILA rights and foreclosures. He has been defending my case for the last 3 years against predatory lender and still going. I wholeheartedly recommend Mr. David Charlip because in two very difficult times he was able to get a favorable outcome . He and his office team makes you feel like you are his VIP client, no question is too small, and he takes as much time as necessary to assist you in successful resolution of your case."— Seffar, Foreclosure Client
- Excellent Attorney. Mr. Charlip's analytical ability and years of experience enable him to provide thoughtful, thorough, and, most importantly, practical legal advice regarding a wide variety of benefit law issues. He listens carefully to client questions and comments and he responds quickly and clearly with analysis and advice aimed directly at the issue."— Marina, Real Estate Client
Charlip Law Group, LC is located in North Miami, FL and serves clients in and around North Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Miami, Hialeah, Opa Locka, Dania, Key Biscayne, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pompano Beach, Broward County and Miami-Dade County.
© 2016 - 2022 Charlip Law Group, LC, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by First Class Alliance.
GET THE FREE EBOOK
CRUISE SHIP INJURIES
10 THINGS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW
Learn the statutes of limitations.
Why you shouldn’t settle a claim without an attorney.
Why is it important to act quickly.