HAVE YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE BEEN A VICTIM OF?
SLIP & FALL
HARASSMENT / SEXUAL ASSAULT
We’re Here To Help You Win
No Cost To Speak To Us About Your Case
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
An avid traveler, Mr. Charlip and his wife, who is a cruise line executive, have taken cruises throughout the world on many and varied cruise lines and, as such, Mr. Charlip has first-hand knowledge. Such experience is invaluable in comparing how different cruise lines address standard issues such as, tour management, warnings about wet surfaces, passenger safety warnings, ship’s security and many similar issues.
Because cruise ship injury cases all have a reduced statute of limitations by virtue of the cruise ship ticket contract, Charlip Law Group, LC has developed expedited procedures and customized legal software to expedite the presentation of settlement demands to the cruise line. Charlip Law Group, LC, always strives to maximize case value while seeking to minimizing the time between case intake and settlement.
MAXIMIZING CASE SETTLEMENT AMOUNT
Charlip Law Group, LC excels in maximizing the settlement value of their client’s cases by doggedly pursuing all the facts, expert opinion, medical records, reports and medical management necessary to obtain full and fair compensation.
35+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
David H. Charlip, B.C.S., the principal of Charlip Law Group, LC, is one of only 100 Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyers in Miami-Dade, with over 35 years of litigation experience. Mr. Charlip is very familiar with the complex legal issues that can arise when someone is injured while traveling. Such issues involve questions of jurisdiction, choice of law, principles of maritime law and international law and various international conventions.
Call For a Free Consultation
No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
Example of Cruise Ship Accidents
- Cruise Ship Nightclub Assault By Passenger- Lisa Appelbaum v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law- Suicide Crew Death Gregory Gonzalez Navarro - Ruiz v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Minor Child Injured in Camp Carnival- Simon Parker v. Carnival Cruise Lines
- Cruise Ship Cabin Shower Slip and Fall- Anthony Giovan v. Celebrity Cruises
- Cruise Ship Tender Fall- Mary T.Shows v. Celebrity Cruises
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Slip and Fall- Cynthia Hills v Celebration Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Passenger Illness- Bernice Oltman v. Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Injury- Caputo v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Passenger Trip and Fall Over Speaker- Dennis Rich v Holland America Line
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Pool Wet Deck Slip and Fall- France Brayman v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- Douglas Spector v Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Americans With Disabilities Act- US v. Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws-
- Emotional Distress- Sirome Smith vs Royal Caribbean.
- Excursion Incident- Ralph Meek vs Royal Caribbean.
- Cruise Line Boycott In Violation Of Maryland Anti-trust Laws
- Maritime Law - Wheelchair Ramp Related Injury- Debra Cox and Ted Cox v Princess Cruise Lines
- Maritime Law - Cruise Ship Trip and Fall - Demand = $25 million- Bettie Jeannine Koons v. Princess Cruises
Call For a Free Consultation
No Attorney’s Fees Unless You Win
WHAT TO EXPECT IF YOU HAVE A CASE
Evaluate and Hire Your Attorney
Evaluating and hiring an attorney for your case requires an initial consultation over the phone at no cost to you. After the initial free consultation you can determine if you may have a case and if coming into the office is necessary. If you do not live near the office, everything can be done remotely. During your initial consultation, your attorney will want to learn as much information as possible relating to the incident surrounding your case. This includes information regarding you cruise line, any medical treatment, who else was involved, any witnesses, your insurance coverage if any, and information about your circumstances.
- In choosing an attorney, make sure that their experience fits your circumstances
- Be sure to discuss all of your legal options during the consultation and ask any questions you want to know
- Come prepared by writing down all of the circumstances that led to your injury or situation
- After your initial consultation, you will need to decide if you want to hire the attorney
Your Attorney Will Investigate
After you decided to hire your attorney and you have signed a retainer contract, they will begin investigating your case. This process is called “discovery”, which consists of 3 forms of discovery – written, document production and depositions.
Written discovery involves questions about the facts of your case. Document discovery is the gathering of any documents related to your case, electronic or printed. Any party has the right to see documents that are related to your case. Depositions are sworn statements, and you can likely expect to be deposed to get the facts.
- Your attorney may ask you to sign medical release forms so that they can have access to your medical records.
- It is important to start your case ASAP, as with time facts get blurry and witnesses become harder to find.
- Be honest every time. Lying in a deposition can cause you to lose the case.
Deciding Whether to Settle
A settlement is when the person who is filing the lawsuit agrees not to pursue legal action in return for an agreed upon amount of money. Most lawsuits end in settlement. In deciding whether or not to settle, there are many factors to consider:
- Based on your case, how likely are your chances of winning at trial
- How expensive can it be to pursue legal action and how long litigation will last
- How much money your attorney thinks you can win in damages in court vs. the settlement amount
- What are the policy limits of the defendant’s insurance policy, and many other factors.
If a settlement is agreed upon, at Charlip Law Group we expedite the process to get you relief as quickly as possible AND at maximum case value! Give us a call 24/7 to set up a free consultation at 305-257-9498 or fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Call For a Free Consultation
There is No Cost To Speak To Us
Call our Miami Cruise Ship Injury attorneys now
for a free consultation at 305-354-9313.
What our clients are saying
- I had a class action suit to file, and needed to find representation in Florida. My case was complex, and in an industry most people don't know much about. After consultations with two other firms who both declined my case, Charlip Law Group was my next call. David spoke to me personally, and he was the first attorney that actually understood the issue. We had a strong case, and in the end all class members that participated ended up with 100% indemnification and it was no small amount either. Make Charlip your first call." — Client
- A good friend recommend David to me at a moment of need. From our first meeting I hired him as my attorney. Not to know at the time what I had just done. Well after 25 years of handling all my legal matters and belive me their have been a few and in all aspects I am very secure today knowing I have David by my side. Besides being a brillant attorney that he has showen me time after time. I feel confident in him for I know I can trust him. He always puts my best interest first and advices me acording. Today I am proud not just to call him my lawyer because he is my friend."— Happy Client
- David Charlip "Great Smart Lawyer". When it comes to lawyers, I am very critical of their performance. Mr. David Charlip from Charlip Law Group , is a the kind of lawyer you hope to find and rarely do. He is very smart, skilled and knowledgeable about RESPA & TILA rights and foreclosures. He has been defending my case for the last 3 years against predatory lender and still going. I wholeheartedly recommend Mr. David Charlip because in two very difficult times he was able to get a favorable outcome . He and his office team makes you feel like you are his VIP client, no question is too small, and he takes as much time as necessary to assist you in successful resolution of your case."— Seffar, Foreclosure Client
- Excellent Attorney. Mr. Charlip's analytical ability and years of experience enable him to provide thoughtful, thorough, and, most importantly, practical legal advice regarding a wide variety of benefit law issues. He listens carefully to client questions and comments and he responds quickly and clearly with analysis and advice aimed directly at the issue."— Marina, Real Estate Client
Charlip Law Group, LC is located in North Miami, FL and serves clients in and around North Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Miami, Hialeah, Opa Locka, Dania, Key Biscayne, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pompano Beach, Broward County and Miami-Dade County.
© 2016 - 2021 Charlip Law Group, LC, Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by First Class Alliance.